Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yes, I can honestly say I am Excited!

Excitement is in the air. People have been asking me for weeks if I am excited about going to Guatemala. Even this week people would ask. My typical response was..."no not yet. I, however, normally do not get excited." For those who know me well, hold your breath. The time has arrived. I am excited!

I am traveling to Guatemala tomorrow! I should be sleeping at the moment as I have to get up at 3:00AM tomorrow. So many thoughts in my head. I am just starting to get settled here and now off on another adventure. Tomorrow when I step off the plane, I will have entered another world. It is finally becoming more of a reality. The friend I am going with is a roommate from graduate school. Although we have kept in touch, we have not seen each other for 18 months. She arrived at my house tonight in time for supper.

I just finished packing the last things in my carry on. Packing this time was different than any other time I have packed. Have you ever tried packing when most of your belongings are in various boxes and bags? It is more like a playing a mix of the childhood games of scavenger hunt and memory game. "I think I put these clothes in this bag." "Did I put the shampoo in this box?" All in all it was not that much of a challenge.

I mentioned that many thoughts in my head. This week home has been an adventure in itself. The short version is I had a job interview in a suburb south of Charlotte on Tuesday. I accepted the job on Saturday. Therefore it follows that when I return from Guatemala, I will be staying in the Charlotte area. You may think to yourself, "Well that is wonderful it has to be great to be home." Well, as I have mentioned in other blogs, Charlotte is not the same place. I will be starting over here the same way I would if I moved to a new city. There is one exception...I do know most of the roads here. I will be looking for a roommate, a place to live, new friends, new church. I will be learning alot in the new job as well.

Well tune in soon for the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment