Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Home again Home again jigity jog"

"Home again, Home again jigity jog;"that is what my mom would say when we got home after a road trip. A road trip this was! Yesterday was another 4 state day; AL, GA, SC, and NC. There is not too much to report on. Bigger cities, less and less nothingness, more and more cars. This post is more reflections and rambling of my mind.

As we got closer and closer to home, my time in CA seemed almost like a dream. Did that really happen? Did I really leave? Am I really moving back? I have seen, experience, and established a life in another part of the country. Now, as I drive into Charlotte, not much has changed. Life has gone one day by day without me. There is a new McDonalds down the street, but other than that the whir of life has marched on. On the one hand, I feel like I can enter back where I left off and pretend like everything is fine. On the other hand, I know that is impossible. I have changed, things below the surface have changed here too. It will be an adjustment, good but hard.

I wonder if this is kind what culture shock is. I am glad to be home... want to be back in CA...it feels like home...it doesn't feel like home...things are the same...things are different...want to be here with my family...want to be in CA with my close friends...glad to leave some of the life in CA behind...apprehensive of starting a new life...

Well, thanks for reading. I will try to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment