Sunday, December 20, 2009

Goodbye Routine

Well, it is that time again...time to prepare for the upcoming week. As I take a break to sit here and write awhile, I realized that I am going through the routine as I would for any other week. Cooking for the week, laundry, working on reports, hanging out with friends, taking a minute to reflect. As is often the case in my life, the reality of what is happening is not hitting. Tomorrow will be the last Monday at the current place of work. The to do list is every growing as always. As one thing gets crossed off, another is added. There is one thing that is different this week though that I cannot ignore. The trouble is it is hard to describe. The best way I can say is my heart is heavy. The thought of leaving my life here is so hard. I think part of what is hard is I am leaving a routine. Those of you who are familiar with Myers Brigg personality test, I am an ESTJ. I like routines. Yeah there are surprises everyday, but I know how to deal with most of them. I know for the most part what to expect, how the day will go, who I will see, what I need to get done, etc. Starting Thursday morning the routine that I have become accustomed to will no longer be.

While I am excited for what to come there is a small amount of anxiety. I have not been to CLT in over a year. I have not spent more than about 2-3 weeks at a time there since graduating high school. I am not the same person that left that summer in 2001 to attend Messiah College. CLT is not the same city I left. The church I grew up in is not the same. Life has happened. I have learned about different cultures, different places, myself, God, met so many different people for short and long times. One of the ancient philosphers said the only thing that does not change is change itself. In the physical world, this certainly seems true. Thankfully, God does not change! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is a rock and fortress. Psalm 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, my fotress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge.he is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Also, he goes with us. Psalm 139 says that he goes before us and hems us in behind.

Well, I hope you are able to go about your routines this weeks without too many surprises:)

No comments:

Post a Comment