Friday, December 18, 2009

The Trail

Many of you asked for me to keep in touch. I can hardly believe that I am leaving again. Although I have only been in CA for 18 month, I will be leaving part of my heart here. It is so hard to say see you later and really not know if it is true. This transition has definitely been the most difficult one so far. My heart feels like it is being torn. On the one hand, I am so excited to be going back to NC, to the east coast, to the seasons, to family. On the other hand, I am going to miss my kiddos and their families, my friends, living at the foot of the mountains, only being 45 minutes from the beach, the warm sunshine year round.

Only the Lord knows what is around the next bend. This week Proverbs 16:9 has been on mind. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." This is one thing I have been learning. You plan and then be flexible. While it is scary to not have control, to not know the next step; it is encouraging to know that we have a guide. This reminds me of a long hike or running a marathon. There trail or course is planned out; the destination is set. You are prepared with water, food, and simple first aid for the sun, rain, heat, and cold. You begin the journey with energy and a sense of adventure. One step at a time, you follow the trail or course enjoying the scenery. Pretty soon, you are glad you are carrying the water. Although you do not know every turn or mile marker, you trust that if you follow the path, you will make it to the end. When you make it to the finish line or back to the car, I guarantee the adventure did not go exactly as you had planned. Well, you are more than welcome to join me as I take the next steps on this trail of life. Only the Lord knows the next stop. I can tell you with confidence that along the way there will be wonderful views, mountain top experiences, great valleys, times of rest beside quiet streams, unexpected turns, all in all a great adventure.

2 comments:

  1. We are very selfishly excited about having you back in NC! We are also praying for you as you leave CA. See you soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you get here! It would be great to hang out a little bit!

    ReplyDelete