Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Reason I traveled Now

It was my friend's wedding day. The wedding was not until 2:30 pm and I was about 15 minute drive away. I slept in best I could. I then went to Henry Cowell State Park. This was the second state park locals had mentioned. It was literally just up the road from the campground. I planned to go on a mile hike around the redwoods so I wore my chacos.



Santa Cruz in the distance

Ferns growing in sand? The morning fog provides the moisture they need


It's a big slug. Their bright color and shape are similar to the fallen bay leaves. 

oops...my feet got dirty.
Once I arrived to the well known loop, a volunteer shared that there was a paved road that lead to a view of Santa Cruz. He also pointed out a banana slug. I enjoyed the hike around the labeled redwoods. I did take the paved road to the overlook. On the way, I saw signs for other trails that connected. I took several of them. In the end the 1 mile hike turned into 6-7 mile hike. So much for not having to take a shower before the wedding :) 

After a quick shower and getting ready, I drove to the wedding. It was held at an Italian restaurant built around redwoods. They had an outside eating area with beautiful wooden benches at the bases of the trees. It was nice to see my friend! The ceremony was had the couples personalities woven throughout. The food and fellowship was nice too. The sun was out the entire afternoon. A wonderful wedding. 




No comments:

Post a Comment