Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Not Alone

This weekend I had the opportunity to visit a good friend of mine from graduate school in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have stayed in touch via phone, email, text. We have made the effort to see each other in person several times since graduating. It never ceases to amaze me how we can pick up where we left off.  While in the area, we visited another classmate. I have not seen this one since graduating from PT school and had a facebook relationship with over the years. We both agreed we were still similar to when we were in school. While on the surface this is true, I am sure we have both changed and grown in our thinking and as a result of life circumstances.

This made me think about communication and relationships.  While, I value communication it is difficult to keep in touch. Due to different phases of life and different time zones, relationships and communication ebs and flows. Some I will not talk for months and pick back up where I left off. Some remain causal Christmas card relationship type where you know the highlights of their life. Some you are with day to day and know the details of the day. Others you share your inner thoughts. Although you are yourself in all of them, they all see different aspects of you. They all are important in a healthy life.

Many have wondered and asked why I am not married. I often respond I have not found a true life partner. Don't get me wrong I would enjoy a companion to share daily daily life, discuss thoughts, process life, travel together, make decisions together. While I do not have one, I have been blessed with friendships all over the United States and the world now. I have met and try to stay in contact with people. It has been a true blessing. I am grateful for all those who pray for me and stay in touch.

I also have been leaning on the fact that I truly am never alone. I am learning to trust God more and more. I am am so grateful he is not bound by time. He can go before me to prepare the way, walk beside me through the day, and "clean up" damage I may have caused. I look forward to the continued adventures of life with my God, partner, friend, father, shelter, guide, strength. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment