Monday, November 24, 2014

Some of the small things in life...

Weekend treat: Mango ice cream and strawberry juice. There is debate about where the best ice cream in town is located. I think this place has the best tasting and the best deal :) Mango and passion fruit have real fruit pieces in it. 

Wild flowers on the way to the market

One of the large ships beside us. We look like a toy ship next to them

Beautiful flowers in the market. Fresh flowers always bring a smile to my face


It is Lychee Season here! I had never had them before, but they are delicious fruit. 

This is one up close. Below is a series of photos to show you the inside. This, however, is not the proper way to eat it. 





Kalinda and I bought bikes with personal money (not support money). Yesterday, we rode for 1.5 hours. Today, we were able to go for a ride to the market and back in no time. It is so nice to have wheels of our own and another way to exercise and see the area. 

Advent is one of my favorite times of year. I was sharing with someone at dinner Saturday that I wished I had one. Sunday on an outing, the Lord provided one at the front of the first shop I entered. Thank you God for letting me know you know and care even about seemingly little things

During a difficult day, I started gathering things I was thankful for in order to change my perspective. Here are a few: soft pillow case, fresh local mango, bedspread with mint green, bag just the right size for use on the ship, water bottle that reminds me I am here on Mercy Ships for such a time as this. 

Also thankful for generous friends who loaned me a kindle to read Crazy Love by Francis Chan. A book read at just the right time. 

Thankful for a satellite phone with United States number that allows phone calls from friends and family

Thankful for the selection of nuts that are provided on the ship daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment