Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Eve of Change

The eve of change...as I sit here on my last night in Joshua Tree, CA I am truly experiencing bittersweet feelings. I have been traveling for over a year now...Charlotte, Guatemala, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Hamlet, NC, and Joshua Tree, CA. I have taken side trips in all the locations to explore the area. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will be boarding a plane to the Republic of Congo. I will be serving on Mercy Ships for about 5 weeks as a physical therapist.

Serving on Mercy Ships has been a dream of mine in the back of my head for many many years. I never thought it would be a reality. The logistics seemed impossible.  I still cannot believe I will be there so soon! I know, like everywhere I have been, there will be challenges and great joys.

Lessons learned recently:
Live in the present: This is the only way to truly experience the Presence of God. It is here one can experience true peace and joy in the midst of chaos and ever growing to do lists. Be still and know He is God.  He only provides what you need then. The on time flight, the patient who cancelled allowing you time to finish unexpected paperwork, the friend to give you a hug when you need it, a place for your belongings, a word of encouragement, a good meal, the beautiful sunset or sunrise, the answer you would not have come up with on your own, the courage to simply take the next step forward.

Pursue dreams and desires: I have heard many times the Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts- Winston Churchill



No comments:

Post a Comment